Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Week 3 EOC- My Demographic


Being born in 1990, my generation falls into that of the Millennials. Being described with “fluency and comfort with digital technology”, I have no other option then to agree with that statement.  I can remember from an early age getting on toy computers and other digital gadgets aimed at children, it was just a part of my upbringing. The video game systems along with a handful of other things were just around growing up. But over the last 20 years of my life things have definitely evolved since the early days. I can remember the days of using a cell phone strictly for phone calls because well… that’s all it could do. The days of buying a ringtone for 2 bucks so you could have your favorite song ring when somebody would call you are over. Now somebody can just load up a snippet of a song into their smart phone and viola you have your favorite song as a ringtone. Early 2000 when I wanted to go on the internet I had a horrible thing called dial up which most poor souls had to endure through AOL. God that was painful, sitting around for minutes at a time just so you could get on the web. Who could forget that wonderful sound of the connection too. But as years pass technology gets faster, smaller, and cheaper and it has become a integral part of the society that the young future lives with today. The digital age has changed the game for everything, let me say that again. THE DIGITAL AGE HAS CHANGED THE GAME FOR EVERYTHING. Everything is in the process of being and will be coming straight from a computer, displayed from a screen. Technology single handedly has and will define the generation today and those to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment