Wednesday, February 9, 2011

EOC Week 5: Best and Worst SuperBowl Commerical

This years Superbowl was flooded with ads and new movie trailers for the upcoming summer as usual. This years advertisements weren't all that they were cracked up to be for me. A lot of the spots were ads campaigns that have been going on for a while now that at this point really just bore me to death. The baby one about insurance or whatever is it," shows how much I care" was cute the first couple times around but now its really just boring. Everybody was expecting Kim Kardashian and I'm sure plenty of people will announce that it was one of the best ads simply because well....Kim Kardashian was in it. For me one of my favorites was the ad for Doritos. A office workers announces after he coworker has finished a bag of Doritos that he has left out the best part. Confused the worker looks over at his friend only to have his fingers licked of all the Dorito chip residue. When I saw it I was cracking up. Because its something that people do, they may not talk about licking there fingers after eating chips or little things like that when it comes to products but its all the little idiosyncrasies that have the viewer/consumer connect with the ads. As for worst I have to think of Godaddy.com. Don't get me wrong I think they are great for purchasing domain names and other internet products but whoever is in charge of there marketing department seriously needs to get the boot. I mean come on Danica Patrick, Jillian Michaels, and now Joan Rivers! Are you kidding me. Who are you trying to market to? None of these women have any sort of sex appeal at all if there trying to win that game. Maybe they should have a talk with Kim over at Sketchers if they want to play that game.

No comments:

Post a Comment